Pages

Friday 22 May 2015

Paris today


Paris is full of pollen this Spring.

And rainbows.

The Luxembourg Gardens are always beautiful but this Spring the layers of green are more evident than last year.  Last year Spring exploded in one week.  The pollen didn't have time to build up.  This year, Spring is what we imagine and expect. 


I haven't posted in some time because I'm busy rewriting and planning a new website where I can encorporate my two blogs.  No idea when that will be because in October I have a show and have to produce 80 paintings.  Plus finish this rewrite.

Luxembourg Gardens is tourist Paris, though locals hang there too.  I do. It's in my hood.

But there is another Paris, a street artist's city. It's grungy and dark.  Here is a mural, in the 13th arrondissement, near the Biblioteque François Mitterand.  Notice the trees have no leaves.  This photo was not today.




The other side of Paris, the street art scene, is important in the manuscript I'm rewriting.  For the last year I have immersed myself in street art and graffiti.  It's exciting stuff, like the manholes on boulevard Saint Michel, where taggers descend into the catacombs -- backpacks full of goodies.

The working title is White Sky of Paris.  See the sky is?  In Paris the sky is often white.

An artist once told me he would mix phtalo green with quinadricone red and add white.  It was the perfect color for the Parisian sky.  I thought, yuck, you can't mix those two colors but he was right.







2 comments:

  1. Ooh! I love your Paris pictures! So cool! And, yes, all that pollen is the downside of a proper spring, isn't it? I know I can't stop sneezing. It's worth it, though; every day we don't hit a high of a hundred degrees is one more day of pre-summer bliss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caryn, Thanks, I checked your blog and saw you write. Saw also you're repped by two fantastic agents. I'm in awe.

      Delete